Hello from Cappfinity
We’re a small Technology company of about 120 brilliant people headquartered in the UK. Established since 2006, now with offices also in the USA, Ireland and Australia, our business is at a solid stage of its growth. We don’t have the chaos and uncertainty of a start-up, nor the rigid hierarchies of larger corporations – it’s a great place to work where people and creativity flourish. We are looking to recruit a Designer who will focus primarily on User Experience and Interface Design across our entire suite of award-winning software products.
The ideal candidate may have a generalist background in Graphic / Digital Design but probably with a particular affinity and interest in crafting delightful and robust User Experiences and Interfaces which result in a positive and effective User Journey. The role is broader than purely UX/UI so we’re ideally looking for an individual with a complimentary set of multidisciplinary skills and experience.
What do we do?
What Cappfinity as a whole does is to help its clients identify and capitalise on the unique strengths of individuals. We help clients uncover and understand which particular human strengths are most crucial in driving success specifically within their organisation. From this and using our software platform, we create engaging, immersive assessment experiences which allow our clients to identify and primarily hire people into their businesses who possess those strengths crucial to their success.
We are looking for a highly motivated and adaptable Midweight Designer with significant experience in branding and digital design, with a focus on visual problem solving.
We’re a multi-disciplinary team of creatives, with a passion for creating engaging brand experiences and challenging the expected in our field. We serve a range of blue-chip clients, working with our in-house team of experts to create industry-leading and award-winning brand interactions that support our clients to reach the best talent. Our work is varied; over the course of a normal week, we jump from project to project, across industries and regions, building websites and collateral, polishing up presentations and demos, learning new tools and skills, while working to develop and evolve our own brand.
Who you are:
- • You’re a creative problem-solver with a truly innovative approach with an innate curiosity and desire to learn; you’re someone who questions the status-quo
- • You love brand, it’s your thing. You have a talent for getting under the skin of a brand and understanding them, you know brand is an experience, not just a logo
- • You have an excellent eye for detail, layout, colour, image and typography
- • A strong portfolio of relevant work clearly demonstrates your Design / Creative capabilities, showcasing your skills and confidence in the digital sphere
- • Consistency, accuracy and quality of output are things we value highly, and so you have a keen eye for consistency and attention to detail
- • You have strong time management skills, with the ability to jump seamlessly from project to project and handle some fast turnaround times when needed
- • You’ll be working closely with our in-house team of experts as well as our clients, so you’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skill
- • You have somewhere in the region of 7-10 years relevant industry experience and are an expert Adobe Creative Cloud user, in particular Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- • Our offices are based in the UK, Australia and the US, so fluent spoken and written English is a requirement
- • You have a relevant Design qualification or equivalent experience
- • You will be taking ownership for creative design across multiple projects at various stages of delivery, with scope to run your own projects
- • The role will focus heavily on client-facing work – you’ll be aligned with a wide range of clients both in the UK and internationally, across our full product suite.
- • The majority of the work will revolve around taking client brands, and working with our in-house teams to design and produce engaging digital experiences, with beautiful assets and resources to support the end-users to progress through the assessment
- • Our work is primarily digital, so a confidence in this space is key, as is a curiosity and desire to find new and innovative ways to solve visual challenges.
- • Part of the role is supporting the Commercial Team to impress our clients and win those all-important pitches by producing presentations and bespoke package builds
- • You will also work closely with our Marketing Team to support the ongoing development of the Cappfinity brand
- • This is very much a visual content design role, but any experience of back-end / coding would be welcomed.
- • You’ll be a confident PowerPoint / Keynote user, as presentation design is a part of the role. If you have experience creating rich multimedia content including video, audio and animation, that would be great.
Nice to have but not essential:
- • Animation / Motion Graphics / Videography skills
- • Coding skills / experience
Where are we?
The team is based in the London office, but we have a Birmingham headquarters. We’re all working from home at the moment but post-pandemic, we hope to return to partially office-based working so ideally the successful applicant will live within easy reach of either our London or Birmingham offices. Reliable internet connection is required.
Please submit your CV and portfolio with a brief message explaining why this opportunity interests you to Therese Sharp at Therese.Sharp@cappfinity.com. Portfolios can be either website URL or PDF.
Closing date: end of Sunday 24th January 2021.
Salary dependant on experience.
Application deadline: 24/01/2021