VR for Development
Boosting self-insight through ‘in person’ real time development to improve Strengths awareness.
What is Cappfinity VR for Development (VR4D)?
VR4D is our highly immersive face to face development proposition, which leverages the power of Strengths Profile, expert coaching insights, biometrics, and virtual reality to deliver a unique proposition that raises a candidate’s self-awareness – helping them understand the ‘what’, ‘why’, and ‘when’ of their ‘at work’ behaviour.
How does it work?
Every participant experiences a unique exploration of their strengths, all which is wrapped around an innovative VR event.
Why 4D? We use four dimensions to explore self-awareness. Whilst this is typically driven by just self-report surveys, 360 style feedback and coaching discussions (built from the evidence a coachee shares) our approach allows for two extra data points; real time observation and biometrics to see the bigger picture.
Kick off with Strengths profile & 360
Session to explore reports with personal VR coach
Immersive experience in VR with biometrics, observed by VR coach
REFLECT & PLAN.
Debriefing all data. Create future focus action plan
VR coach leads a check in session to explore successes.
Why choose VR4D?
• Combines four levels of insight (360 feedback, coaching insights, biometrics, and VR behaviours), more than traditional development offerings
• Supported by 4 key principles:
1. Authentic behaviour. Behaving ‘authentically’ in VR means we can learn the most about our behaviour, doing so in a safe and non-judgemental space. We can not ‘prepare’ for the environments in VR and therefore are likely to act and respond more authentically. VR has the power to help us to make predictions about likely real-life behaviour.
2. Strong retention. We remember what stands out. Participants remember their VR experience, they talk about it, they reflect, and this helps embed meaningful change. We hear this from clients who recall specific rooms and experiences years after VR demonstrations with them.
3. Multi-level stimulation. Engage cognitive; somatic and emotional responses which leads to deeper insights, and lasting impact, than traditional learning. VR reduces distractions making it easier to focus.
4. Faster ‘aha’ moments. Whilst executive coaching uncovers great insights and heightens awareness – VR can accelerate these moments and get to ‘action’ quicker. It’s 4 times faster than classroom learning and 1.5 times quicker than eLearning (PwC study).
Feedback from clients include:
“It is amazing to be able to observe yourself in real life and through doing rather than just talking.”
“The experience allowed me to ‘free up’ my mind, capture debilitating thoughts and turn them into opportunities for myself.”
“A very insightful and thought provoking experience made more realistic by the VR4D practical exercises. Also useful to discuss the themes and outcomes on a one to one basis.”
“A completely different experience from anything I have ever done before but still closely linked to work performance and setting objectives to work on going forwards.”
“I really enjoyed the VR experience – it was very insightful and I learned things about myself that I hadn’t otherwise considered. I would recommend and look forward to the next stage.”
“Very interesting to see heart rate as it helps to truly understand your triggers to certain emotions.”
“It is not what I expected. Definitely worth doing it.”
“A very enjoyable career spa!”
“Useful and out of standard comfort zone.”
100% of participants have said they would “recommend the VR4D experience to colleagues.”
100% of participants have said the VR4D experience “improved my understanding of myself.”
100% of participants agreed they had “identified clear next steps to support their development.”